Friday

Batanes

“Batanes is a great place to go deep sea fishing”

By all accounts, I had every right to be having a miserable time. The wind was pelting us with rain that felt like rock salt fired out of a shotgun, the ocean swells were tossing our round-hulled fallow boat around like a woodchip in a washing machine, and periodic breakers had soaked every piece of clothing and electronic devices we had brought on board. There’s more. Several fish took my bait but got away, we no longer had a fish finder to help our search after having to use another boat that apparently had none, and massive unseen fishes had ripped all our good jigs and lures right out of our hands. But strangely enough, despite all the factors conspiring to get me down, I found myself energized and grinning like a kid at an amusement park, for on these rough seas I had a purpose – I was here to game fish, and, as I bobbed off the coast of Basco, Batanes, I couldn't think of a better place to do it, or better company to keep while dropping my line.



Fishing @ Batanes





Photo and Article Source: Inflight Magazine (Seair)


No comments:

Post a Comment