Friday

La Union

 CATCH THE WAVES IN SAN JUAN, LA UNION

I’ve always dreamt of living the surfer lifestyle, with the requisite benefi ts of course: a killer body in a bikini, an eternal tan and access to the hottest dudes. You get to actualize the dream when you sign up for lessons with hot surfer dude, pro Luke Landrigan, the head instructor of Billabong Surf School in San Juan, La Union. The spot is known for its consistent beginner-friendly waves perfect for a newbie like me. The lesson begins on the sand where you learn the basics: how to position oneself on the board, paddling out to sea, and then how to stand on the board. It sounded easy but once I was out on the water, the challenges began. As I paddled out, waves crashed against me and toppled me off my surfboard. I was so tired, I wanted to retreat. But thanks to my persistent instructor, I mustered the strength to paddle further out to the area where all the other surfers were waiting to catch a wave.

San Juan, La Union

La Union
From here on, the thrill was about anticipating the right wave. After many unsuccessful attempts at standing up, swallowing gallons of salt water and the adrenaline rush I got from riding that wave made all those wipeouts well worth it even having a bikini malfunction, I was finally able to mount the board! The adrenaline rush from riding that wave made all the wipeouts well worth it.

Thrill-o-meter: How much PHP400 per hour for surfing lessons, inclusive of surfboard rental fee.
Contact Billabong San Juan Surf School, San Juan Surf Resort, Urbiztondo, San Juan, La Union, www.sanjuansurfresort.com.ph Cebu Pacific flies to Clark from Cebu, www.cebupacifi cair.com. From Clark, take a bus to La Union.


Photo and Article Source: Smile Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment