Friday

Batanes

Jigging

Jigging is a fairly new school of fishing, enjoying a re-birth in Japan about 10 years ago, and entertaining fishermen here for about three. “Jigging has brought a whole new generation of anglers to fishing, with many of the old anglers switching as well,” says Uy, whose Fishing Buddy store is fully stocked with the gear needed to pick up the sport. As soon as I had soaked in a bit of the technique, I tried my luck, and dropped my jig to 100 meters. It was not long before I was completely hooked on the sport. The hypnotic process of dropping the jig and pulling it up was good exercise and the periodic bite fired up enthusiasm and resolve.

 Unfortunately, I could not say that any fish were hooked on my hook, at least not for very long. Over the course of our five hours out on the first day, I got about three or four bites, with one fish giving me a tete-a-tete battle for about five minutes before winning our encounter, and another, which Gordon estimated at 20 plus kilograms (using the strength setting for the line and reel as a measure), pulling the line straight off the road. Two local Ivatan fishermen had joined us, also trying jigging for the first time, and were having the time of their lives, reeling in the line like possessed robots charged with too much voltage.



Batanes



Photo and Article Source: Inlflight Magazine ( Seair)

No comments:

Post a Comment